Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The Over-Indulged Youngest Child


Here it is, the post you've all been waiting for!

Mr Butler, Cap'n and I are all the youngest members of our respective natal families, and trust us, it sucks!

Top Ten Reasons Why it Sucks to Be the Youngest:

10) Being the smallest- though not for long in Mr. Butler's case

9) Never being able to get a word in

8) Having parents who have seen it all before and are non-plussed by anything I can come up with

7) Mama will forever refer to me as her baby. Even when she is 100 and I am 66, she'll still be calling me the baby.

6) I will never, if I live to be 100, be considered an adult by my older brothers.

5) Getting the smallest portions at the dinner table

4) Everything I do is compared to how my brothers did it

3) Being my parents' last hope

2) Watching the big boys do things that I know I could do if Mama would let me

1) Always being last


But the number one best thing about being the youngest child is knowing in your heart that you are Mama's favorite!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry, everyone knows that the eldest child, the firstborn and first loved, is the favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JB Mama- A-Train would agree with you! Over-confident oldests that you are!

      Delete