Tuesday, September 11, 2012
Here it is, the post you've all been waiting for!
Mr Butler, Cap'n and I are all the youngest members of our respective natal families, and trust us, it sucks!
Top Ten Reasons Why it Sucks to Be the Youngest:
10) Being the smallest- though not for long in Mr. Butler's case
9) Never being able to get a word in
8) Having parents who have seen it all before and are non-plussed by anything I can come up with
7) Mama will forever refer to me as her baby. Even when she is 100 and I am 66, she'll still be calling me the baby.
6) I will never, if I live to be 100, be considered an adult by my older brothers.
5) Getting the smallest portions at the dinner table
4) Everything I do is compared to how my brothers did it
3) Being my parents' last hope
2) Watching the big boys do things that I know I could do if Mama would let me
1) Always being last
But the number one best thing about being the youngest child is knowing in your heart that you are Mama's favorite!
Thursday, September 6, 2012
Top 10 Reasons Why it Sucks to Be the Oldest Child
10) Sharing my bedroom
9) Sharing my bathroom
8) Sharing my toothpaste
7) Sharing my parents- who are no doubt just practicing on me and will do a much better job with my younger brothers.
6) Sharing my auntie
5) Sharing my toys
4) Sharing my books
3) Sharing my name
2) Sharing my wisdom, by beginning all responses to statements by my younger brothers with "actually."
1) Never sharing the blame
But the number one best thing about being the oldest child is knowing in your heart that you are Mama's favorite!
Tuesday, September 4, 2012
In honor of my middle child, who is celebrating his fourth birthday today:
Top 10 Reasons Why it Sucks to Be the Middle Child
10)Hand me downs from an older brother with an entirely different style asthetic
9) After every statement you make, your older brother begins with, "actually."
8) No one notices how freaking awesome you are because your older brother is casting such a big shadow over you.
7) No one notices how freaking awesome you are because they're so busy doting on your baby brother.
6) Being "old enough to know better" but too young to stop yourself.
5) Never having had a single day in your life when Mama and Papa weren't preoccupied with thoughts of your older brother.
4) Adoring an older brother who doesn't always want you around.
3) Being adored by a younger brother who you don't always want around.
2) Being the second to do everything.
1) A-Train, A-Train, A-Train!
But the number one best thing about being the middle child is knowing in your heart that you are Mama's favorite!